[keycloak-user] Forgotten password workflow redirecting to account client

BASSET Simon sbasset at softwaymedical.fr
Fri Feb 2 08:26:52 EST 2018

Hello,

We are developing an application which relies on keycloak for authentication (with custom theme) and we are facing a problem with the keycloak forgotten password workflow.

With keycloak 3.2.1:

When a user want to access our application, she goes to app.swm.cloud ("frontend" client for keycloak) then she is redirected to auth.swm.cloud (keycloak), she starts the forgotten password workflow and receives an email with a link to reset her password. If she clicks on the link and change her password, she is logged in and redirected to the frontend client app.swm.cloud.

frontend app -> login page -> forgotten password -> mail -> change password -> logged in frontend app

However if she kills her browser before following the link from the forgotten password mail, she is redirected to the login page after changing her password and then to the account client after logging in.

frontend app -> login page -> forgotten password -> kill the browser -> mail -> change password -> login page -> logged in account client

With keycloak 3.4.3:

It seems that she is always redirected to the account client after changing her password.

frontend app -> login page -> forgotten password -> mail -> change password -> login page -> logged in account client

How to configure keycloak so our user is redirected to our frontend app after she changes her password?

Thank you,

Simon