[keycloak-user] keep login state after closing browser

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Feb 5 03:18:01 EST 2018

Few tips:
- If you enable "Remember me" for the realm, the KEYCLOAK_IDENTITY
cookie won't be cleared at the end of browser session.
- There is callback "onTokenExpired", which you can use in keycloak.js
adapter when the accessToken is expired. You will be redirected back to
Keycloak server and re-logged with SSO (as long as KEYCLOAK_IDENTITY is
still valid).

The approach with "token" may work, but I would personally use the
approach with shorter token timeouts and redirect to the SSO, assuming
that rememberMe will work. This has some downsides (redirect to the
Keycloak needed periodically, rememberMe available), so not sure if it
works for you. If you want the approach with "token", you may need to
disable session iframe in that case (as the SSO session on Keycloak side
may not be longer valid after browser restart).

Marek