[keycloak-user] kcadm CLI for kerberos user storage API needs updating?

Ryan Slominski ryans at jlab.org
Wed Feb 7 10:25:09 EST 2018

I figured out why the kerberos component wasn't showing up in the web console.  I now see that realm name and realm ID are not identical by default.  It might make sense to update the CLI docs to suggest that when creating a realm you explicitly set the ID to be the same as the realm name as the web console automatically does.  That is why I was seeing the command line listing the component as part of the realm, but not visible when browsing from the web console.  The first part of my question still remains.  It seems the kcadm tool cannot be used to create or modify a user storage provider with all of the fields.  Some fields seem to cause parsing errors on the server.  Including these fields in the initial create command doesn't work.  Neither does including them in an update command:

kcadm.sh update components/my-kerberos-component-id -r demorealm -s config.kerberosRealm=["my-kerberos-realm-name"]

Also results in:

Uncaught server error: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Can not deserialize instance of java.util.ArrayList out of VALUE_STRING token