[keycloak-user] Keycloak development setup

moritz.becker at gmx.at moritz.becker at gmx.at
Thu Feb 8 11:08:04 EST 2018

Hi,

I need to adapt Keycloak and tried to set up a development project in
IntelliJ but I couldn't figure out how to do it so that hot code replacement
and other IDE integrations work.

I used to hack on Keycloak but back then it was possible to create a simple
WAR overlay and deploy that to the local server - easy. But with the newest
version, only the Keycloak Wildfly subsystem distribution seems to be
supported and I wonder how a development setup would look like given this
restriction? Could not find any pointers on this, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Moritz