[keycloak-user] registration new flow

Stephen Henrie stephen at saasindustries.com
Fri Feb 9 17:49:51 EST 2018

Hi all,

I am using Keycloak 3.2.1 and trying to add a new flow step to the new user
registration flow so that I can add a script execution step as illustrated
in the attached image.  However, with this configuration I am getting a
nullpointer exception when I click on the "Register" link and get a 500
error instead of the registration page.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong or if there is a
different way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

The stack trace from the log is below:

Thanks
Stephen

22:42:11,855 WARN  [org.keycloak.services] (default task-1)
KC-SERVICES0013: Failed authentication: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.keycloak.authentication.FormAuthenticationFlow.renderForm(FormAuthenticationFlow.java:281)
    at
org.keycloak.authentication.FormAuthenticationFlow.processFlow(FormAuthenticationFlow.java:263)
    at
org.keycloak.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationFlow.processFlow(DefaultAuthenticationFlow.java:127)
    at
org.keycloak.authentication.AuthenticationProcessor.authenticateOnly(AuthenticationProcessor.java:843)
    at
org.keycloak.authentication.AuthenticationProcessor.authenticate(AuthenticationProcessor.java:714)
    at
org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.processFlow(LoginActionsService.java:279)
    at
org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.processRegistration(LoginActionsService.java:573)
    at
org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.registerRequest(LoginActionsService.java:623)
    at
org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.registerPage(LoginActionsService.java:588)
22:42:11,860 WARN  [org.keycloak.events] (default task-1)
type=REGISTER_ERROR, realmId=chassi, clientId=chassi-web-app, userId=null,
ipAddress=10.0.2.2, error=invalid_user_credentials,
auth_method=openid-connect, auth_type=code, redirect_uri=
http://localhost:3000/, code_id=c926d684-2a6b-4fb5-adb4-9df7de9d8483