[keycloak-user] Fine tuning KC for performance

Upananda Singha upananda313 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 01:52:18 EST 2018

Hi All,

I am trying to test a KC cluster (with 2 KC nodes) using standalone-ha mode.
I have configured a shared database of PostgreSQL (2ndQuadrant with BDR -
having 2 Database nodes and pointing KC nodes pointing to single node).

Each of the KC nodes is configured with
JAVA_OPTS="-*Xms256m* -*Xmx1024m* -XX:MetaspaceSize=96M
-XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

And default connection pool size set to 40 each.

But when I run traffic I don't see combined throughput going beyond 80/90
per sec
when traffic hits both the KC nodes in a round robin fashion.

Can anybody give some idea what kind of tuning I can try to increase the
throughput. With 2 nodes of KC we are looking for  throughput at least
200-300.

Thanks & Regds,
Upananda