[keycloak-user] Keycloak Unable to Handle Heavy Load

Scott Finlay scott.finlay at sixt.com
Fri Feb 23 05:33:03 EST 2018

Hi,

We've been doing some load tests of our services, and we've found that when we raise the traffic rate to about 50 logins per second (with a roughly similar rate of logouts) we kill our Keycloak instances after just a few minutes. What are the normal recommended specs for a Keycloak instance to be able to handle such a load?

We're running three instances of Keycloak in AWS (c4.large instances) with a db.t2.medium database. The CPU is Intel Xeon E5-2666 v3 dual core and the instances have 4GB memory with 2GB allocated to Keycloak.

Regards,

Scott