[keycloak-user] cockroachdb

moritz.keppler at daimler.com moritz.keppler at daimler.com
Fri Jan 5 05:08:23 EST 2018

Hi Simon,

we got that running - not in a production environment but as a demo.

We had to:
(1) update the liquibase version used. The one keycloak uses generates some SQL statements cockroachdb 1.0 does not support.
(2) patch the DefaultLiquibaseConnectionProvider in a way that no "SELECT FOR UPDATE" is generated. This breaks the lock functionality, definitely not recommended in an productive environment!
(see https://github.com/cockroachdb/cockroach/issues/6583)
(3) generate liquibase scripts cockroach is able to understand. The most important thing is that a primary key has to be defined during table creation.
To do so we applied all scripts to a postgres instance, generated a changeset from this db via liquibase, rewrote it to be cockroach compatible, applied it to a cockroach instance and filled the liquibase changelog tables so that keycloak believes all changes are already applied.
An alternative approach is described here https://github.com/cloudtrust/keycloak-cockroach

Would be great if one day cockroachdb was supported out of the box.

Moritz Keppler

Daimler TSS GmbH
Wilhelm-Runge-Straße 11
89081 Ulm/Germany
mailto:moritz.keppler at daimler.com

http://www.daimler-tss.com

Daimler TSS GmbH
Sitz und Registergericht/Domicile and Register Court: Ulm, HRB-Nr./Commercial Register No.: 3844 Geschäftsführung/Management: Christoph Röger (Vorsitzender/Chairperson), Steffen Bäuerle