[keycloak-user] Issue in Chrome and FF

Tony Harris Tony.Harris at oneadvanced.com
Tue Jan 9 05:01:16 EST 2018

After logging in to the admin Console in either Chrome or FF we are presented with a blank white screen and the following error in the browser console

app.js:31 XHR failed loading: GET "https://xxxxxxxx.com/auth/admin/master/console/whoami".                                   whoAmI @ app.js:31
app.js:31 GET https://xxxxxxxx.com/auth/admin/master/console/whoami net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
app.js:76 Uncaught TypeError: error is not a function
    at app.js:76
    at XMLHttpRequest.req.onreadystatechange (app.js:26)

It ends up in the error handler section because the attempt to connect to the keycloak whoami end point fails with a 500 response, there is nothing in the JBoss logs.  It looks very similar to the following Jira issue, but we do not end up in a redirect loop and we are not seeing the 401 Unauthorised.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-4735

Interestingly, IE 11 gets a 200 response from the whoami end point.

If we delete a recently created Realm then Chrome goes back to working, however the same realm created on another instance, it's created by a script so we know it's the same in both,  of Keycloak has no issues.  Other realms in this same Keycloak instance created via the script do not cause any issues.  Has anyone seen this before>

Server Info

Server Version

3.1.0.Final

Server Profile

Community

Server Time

Tue Jan 09 09:56:53 UTC 2018

Server Uptime

11 days, 1 hour, 22 minutes, 39 seconds

Memory
Total Memory

455 MB

Free Memory

251 MB (55%)

Used Memory

204 MB

System
Current Working Directory

/opt/jboss

Java Version

1.8.0_121

Java Vendor

Oracle Corporation

Java Runtime

OpenJDK Runtime Environment

Java VM

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM

Java VM Version

25.121-b13

Java Home

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.121-0.b13.el7_3.x86_64/jre

User Name

jboss

User Timezone

UTC

User Locale

us_EN

System Encoding

ANSI_X3.4-1968

Operating System

Linux 4.9.62-21.56.amzn1.x86_64

OS Architecture

amd64

[cid:image012.png at 01D17AF7.D972DF70]<http://www.advancedtogether.com/>
Tony Harris
Java Developer
> A Sunday Times Top Track 250 Company 2016
> Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust

________________________

Advanced Computer Software Group
Ditton Park, Riding Court Road, Datchet, Berkshire, SL3 9LL
t:08451 606 162

www.oneadvanced.com<http://www.advancedtogether.com/>
[cid:image018.png at 01D17AF7.D972DF70] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/2426258> [cid:image019.png at 01D17AF7.D972DF70] <https://twitter.com/adv_group>
> A Sunday Times Top Track 250 Company 2015
> Ranked in UK's 50 fastest growing technology companies 2014

***** Email confidentiality *****

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or related files, by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Advanced Computer Software Group Limited.

***** Email monitoring *****

Advanced Computer Software Group Limited may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and staff training.

***** Email security *****

In keeping with good computing practice, the recipient of this email should ensure that it is virus-free. Advanced Computer Software Group Limited does not accept responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this email.

Email may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and/or unauthorised amendment. Advanced Computer Software Group Limited does not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or any consequences thereof.

This email has been scanned for viruses by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.

Advanced Computer Software Group Limited

Registered office: Ditton Park, Riding Court Road, Datchet, Berkshire, SL3 9LL, UK

Registered in England under number 5965280

Please consider the environment: Think before you print!