[keycloak-user] How to pass custom parameter to Keycloak SAML authenticationn endpoint

Pankaj Mahajan Pankaj.Mahajan at harbingergroup.com
Thu Jan 11 08:42:33 EST 2018

Hi Team,

I have multiple clients(OIDC and SAML both) in a single realm with multiple Identity providers in the same realm. I need to pass custom parameter in authentication request based on which within Keycloak I will be able to determine to which IDP this request need to be forwarded instead of displaying Keycloak login page.

For OIDC applications the kc_idp_hint query parameter can be used, but I would like to achieve this behavior for SAML applications.

Please let me know, if there is already a provision in Keycloak to achieve the above behavior. If not then please share your thoughts/pointers if any. Thank you in advance.

Thanks & regards,
Pankaj Mahajan