[keycloak-user] Valid Sender ? - Re: Authentication fails for OTP user with kerberos

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Jan 18 02:58:13 EST 2018

Thanks for clarification. Feel free to create JIRA for your scenario -
also please link it with this email thread.

I am not yet sure how exactly to support your scenario. We may need to
look what FreeIPA is doing for web authentications. I think the proper
way to have this working might be through SSSD provider. But that one
doesn't support Kerberos in Keycloak right now. From the long term
perspective, we may need to move Kerberos configurations (keytab etc)
from the federation provider to the SPNEGOAuthenticator. This will
remove the limit that Kerberos/SPNEGO authentication is currently
tightly coupled just with LDAP+Kerberos federation providers and will
help with some other usecases. On the other hand, proper way to have
SPNEGO working might be different for SSSD integration - maybe not using
Keytab etc, but doing it through GSS Proxy. But not 100% sure... Will
require more investigation...

Marek