[keycloak-user] Keycloak, OpenShift and custom themes

Anton kurrent93 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 20:55:48 EST 2018

Hello

I'm trying to figure how best to deploy Keycloak in OpenShift - and deploy
one or more themes into keycloak.

I am looking at the following approaches:

*Build from Source*
Build KC from source, and have custom theme in same repo. If I fork
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak and add themes to this, perhaps I can
build and deplop using the java s2i image. So far I have not been able to
get this to work. And the resulting image is much bigger than it needs - as
it builds everything in the repo.

*Chained Builds*
It is possible to do a Chained Build (
https://blog.openshift.com/chaining-builds/) however, if I use an existing
KC docker image, for example
https://hub.docker.com/r/jboss/keycloak-openshift/tags/, Im not clear on
how I can have another step in the build process that will fetch, build and
deploy a theme.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Anton