[keycloak-user] kubernetes

Schuster Sebastian (INST/ESY1) Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com
Fri Jan 19 07:21:30 EST 2018

You will have a dependency to the DB anyways, so I guess it would not hurt to use it for cluster discovery using JDBC_PING. It basically creates a table  JGROUPSPING that gets updated as nodes join and leave the cluster. THowever, it seems to work a little differently depending on the DB type: on MySQL, the necessary table is created automatically while you have to do it yourself on Postgres (see https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles/keycloak/pull/62) . Another reason to use a different mechanism like KUBE_PING could be if you want to experiment with different Keycloak clusters accessing the same database to move towards zero downtime updates (that's something sitting in my backlog). I lately also read recommendations to use DNS_PING (see https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles/keycloak/pull/100) but I don’t have any personal experience with it...

Best regards,
Sebastian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr.-Ing.  Sebastian Schuster

Engineering and Support (INST/ESY1)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +49 30 726112-485 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 | Sebastian.Schuster at bosch-si.com

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn