[keycloak-user] kubernetes

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 08:26:32 EST 2018

Why didn't you use KUBE_PING?  Just curious.  Is there one JGroups
stack we can rally around for kubernetes?  One to rule them all so
that Keycloak just builds automatic support for it in the distro?  I
thought the value of kubernetes was supposed to be that you could make
these kinds of protocol/network decisions upfront.

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 3:29 AM, Iván Perdomo <ivan at akvo.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're running Keycloak in Kubernetes (in Google Cloud Platform) and
> instead of KUBE_PING we're using JDBC_PING (with a hosted MySQL by Google).
>
> Our changes are available in the following repo:
>
> https://github.com/akvo/akvo-keycloak
>
> On 01/17/2018 12:03 PM, Simon Payne wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i'm trying to get keycloak clustered on google cloud using KUBE_PING.
>>
>> i have a starting keycloak server using docker based on the latest keycloak
>> and using kubernetes-0.9.3
>>
>> however, i get the message:
>>
>> [org.jgroups.protocols.kubernetes.KUBE_PING] (ServerService Thread Pool --
>> 51) namespace not set; clustering disabled
>>
>> i cant figure out how to add the namespace - all example are using
>> infinispan which uses different markup to keycloak.
>>
>> my standalone-ha uses <protocol type="kubernetes.KUBE_PING"/>
>>
>> if i add any additional attributes on this tag then keycloak fails to start
>>
>> any help would be appreciated.
>>

>> thanks
>>
>> Simon.

> Iván