[keycloak-user] Backchannel logout on session-timeout?

Eric B ebenzacar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:27:22 EDT 2018

I'm using Keycloak 3.4.3 and have my java client configured for backchannel
logout.   It works fine if I logout from within the Keycloak user
interface.  But I was also expecting it to work if the KC user session died
due to idle timeout or max session life.  But in both session expiration
cases, the backchannel logout is not triggered.

Is this a bug in KC, or simply not a use-case that is supported?  Or is
this a configuration issue with my KC install?

Thanks,

Eric