[keycloak-user] realm-management policies not affecting admin-console

Nils Wild nils.wild at sinnovate.de
Mon Jul 9 07:13:00 EDT 2018

Hi,

i think i got somthing wrong how policies are supposed to work in
Keycloak 4.1.0.Final

I tried to configure a support group that has access to a certain group
of customers but not all so i created a new_user_group and a
support_group (this group has real-management roles to view and manage
users so i can see those admin-console menus) and added policies, such
that the support_group can only see and manage that group and users of
that new_user_group but not those of old_user_group. Unfortunatly after
logging in with a user of support_group i can see all users and groups
not only those of the new_user_group when clicking "view all users".

I already used the Authorization Evaluator of the realm-management
client. The funny thing is that if i choose the new user of the
support_group and the old_user_group resource with view scope it
correctly determines that access should be denied.

Am I missing something? Maybe the problem is that the new_support_group
does have realm-management roles like view-users? But if i remove those
roles i am not able to see any menu.

Nils