[keycloak-user] Rest API for creating token exchange permission

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Sun Jul 22 20:54:14 EDT 2018

Hi Madhu,

On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 06:28 +0000, Madhu wrote:
> Hi is there an API for creating policies and binding polices to
> client permissions? E.g. I want to create token exchange permissions
> for an existing client.. how to go about it through rest API?

Generally speaking, if some piece of functionality is available in the
Admin Console, most likely it's also available via the REST API
(because that's how the Admin Console works). The problem is that the
actual calls might be undocumented.

That's how I do it:
- log into Admin Console with your browser;
- press F12 to open Development tools, then go to Network;
- perform the desired action(s) in the console (in your case, create
the necessary permissions);
- look into Network to find the actual REST API calls your actions have
resulted in.

Good luck!
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro