[keycloak-user] Mobile client - recommended forgotten password flow

Scott Hezzell scotthezzell at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:58:55 EDT 2018

Hi all

What is the recommended process for a forgotten password flow from a mobile client?

I have enabled 'Forgotten Password' at the realm level and the flow works nicely from a web client using the 'Forgotten Password' link from the login page. When I try the flow from a mobile client, as it opens the initial login page and the 'send reset email' page in a different browser session to the one I open the reset email link into I 'lose' the authentication session and keycloak defaults the client to the account client instead of the mobile client.

Any advice from anyone who has faced a similar problem would be greatly appreciated.

Scott