[keycloak-user] one issue in keycloak

prashant kumar harigarian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:50:26 EDT 2018

 Hi,

We are using keycloak for identiy provider and have got following
requirement,

   - We need to show user email
   - If the user is of key cloak then showing password text otherwise
   showing list of other identity provider.

We couldn't divide username and password without changing the core keycloak
class namely

org.keycloak.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationFlow and then class
doesn't support extension without changing the entire hierarchy of objects
in new.

We can only add provider using SPI for subsequent flow.

So we have taken following approach

1) Changing the core class itself but then keycloak release update will
happen only with this change incorporated.

2) Created our own rest API which is using keycloak utilities and services
as object but entire flow is in the rest API.

Please provide your take on this along with if there is any way we can
inject our own object using spring injection or some other injection
mechanism.

Thanks,
Prashant