[keycloak-user] Keycloak Admin REST API not updating user.federatedIdentities attribute

Daniel Teixeira ddtxra at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:41:56 EDT 2018

I would like to update (and ideally create) the federatedIdentities
attribute of a user using the Admin Rest API, but it seems like this does
not work / or it is not supported?

I am able to update normal user attributes but not the federatedIdentities.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

Is there a different way to do this? (Of course I could do an insert into,
in the database, but I would prefer to use the api...). I need to run this
for more than 200 users...

My code:
https://github.com/ddtxra/python-console-keycloak-example/blob/master/admin-rest-api-update-user.py