[keycloak-user] Updating data provider information on the fly

Matthew Beliveau mbelivea at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 13:04:20 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am trying to find a place in the Keycloak code where I can update data provider information on a fly.
Use case:
I have a Keycloak server connected to an back end identity source.
This Keycloak server is configured to use an external IdP as an authentication source.
When the user is authenticated against the external source and Keycloak receives his assertion or OIDC ticket I want to get info from that ticket and check if the information about this user known to the particular data back end.
If the data is not there or different I would like to update the data in the back end.

I know where the code for the back end data providers is and can create my own or extend existing one.
I found a place where Keycloak processes assertions and tickets.

https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/services/src/main/java/org/keycloak/broker/oidc

Is this the right place to invoke the data provider API to do the data update in the back end?
Are there any precedents of such code in the Keycloak code base or around?

Thanks,
Matthew Beliveau