[keycloak-user] How to avoid Logout from IDP when application Logs out using Keycloak

siddhartha chakraborty siddharthachak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 04:11:28 EDT 2018

Hi All,

So we are logging out from our Application using :

*KeycloakDeployment deployment =keycloakSecurityContext.getDeployment();*
*keycloakSecurityContext.logout(deployment);*

But as a result we are getting logged out from the IDP also, which is not
desirable.
Basically we dont want to log out from the IDP , when our application logs
out.

Any help please.

We tried providing some invalid URL(example: www.google.com) in the Logout
URL  in the OpenID Connect Config,
but the session was not redirected to www.google.com.
We even tried enabling the Backchannel Logout, but it didnt work.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Siddhartha