[keycloak-user] [Keycloak] Server Development - Custom Forgot Password Branding

Frédéric Sénèque frederic.seneque at inova-software.com
Tue Jun 12 04:46:06 EDT 2018

Dear all,

We need to do some custom branding on the forgot password pages and emails, reset password etc..., and we are planning to extend keycloak theme (version 3.4.3.Final)

But we facing an issue on how to get some custom data frome te previous page( the login form ).

We tried to look at this, but it seems quite old : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44072608/keycloak-access-cookie-and-or-url-query-params-inside-freemarker-template

I have read the documentation about creating a new SPI and try to create one for the forgot password page (org.keycloak.forms.login.freemarker.FreeMarkerLoginFormsProvider)

But it looks like that I need to implement all the login pages (configure TOTP, Update Profile ...)

Is there a way to only « overide » forgot password and reset password without the need of copy/pasting almost all of the code ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Frédéric SENEQUE