[keycloak-user] How to generate OIDC Token for users originating from a saml identity provider?

Renato Silveira - Totvs renato.totalbanco at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:32:07 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm using saml identity provider and version 3.4.0-final of Keycloak.

I made the necessary settings so that these users were persisted as valid
users in Keycloak, until this point I had no problem.

My application has some modules that work with services authenticated by
tokens. Is it possible to generate tokens with the saml assertion of the
user who logged in via saml identity provider?

Is there any specific grant_type or client_assertion_type for this? I made
a series of attempts but without success.

Has anyone here needed to implement a similar implementation?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-20#page-5