[keycloak-user] Keycloak as an identity provider (either SAML or OpenID Connect)?

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 04:28:24 EDT 2018

Of course Keycloak can stand on its own. Brokering is just an additional
optional thing.

On 21 Jun 2018 9:33 am, "Rafael Weingärtner" <rafaelweingartner at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello, Keycloak community,

I am evaluating Keycloak, and after some reading, I got the impression that
it supports OpenID Connect and SAML (which fits exactly on my requirement).
However, after installing it, and digging a little deeper in the
configuration overview, I got confused.

I have used OpenID Connect before with MITREid implementation. So, when I
install and configure MITREid IdP, it will be working as an IdP for my
federation. I understand that key cloak can do identity brokering, which is
super nice, but what I wonder is the following. Is Keycloak prepared to be
an IdP out of the box with either SAML or OpenID Connect protocols? Or,
Does it depends on IdPs that implement those protocols to work?

--
Rafael Weingärtner