[keycloak-user] Mapping LDAP group-roles to Keycloak

Alvaro Martin alvaro.martin at bluetab.net
Wed Jun 27 02:07:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

We have defined a set of fine-grain roles to secure endpoints on a backend
application. We wanted to assign different set of roles to users. To avoid
having to assign roles one-by-one to each user we have created groups and
we have mapped roles to them (groups will work as profiles here) . Then we
have assigned users to groups. This worked well.

Now we want to create this setup in a LDAP and configure user federation.
We can map LDAP roles to keycloak roles and LDAP groups to keycloak groups.
We also even import group users  to keycloak. But we don´t know how to
transfer LDAP group-roles to keycloak group role-mappings. We haven´t found
a mapper for this. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks in advance,

*Álvaro Martín García*[image: bluetab.net] <http://www.bluetab.net/>
alvaro.martin at bluetab.net

+34 91 457 16 97