[keycloak-user] Brokered logins only?

Chris S. Dollar CDollar at rydin.com
Wed Jun 27 10:44:56 EDT 2018

Hi MJ,

I should mention that I don't work for Keycloak or Redhat... I'm just an end-user.

That said, no, I don't think your use case is all that unusual. IMO you should be able to do exactly what you want with KC, but not right OOTB. On the UI side, you'll have to modify the login page template to remove the KC username/pass inputs. And you'll also likely want to define some sort of a custom user storage provider that will not allow local KC logins, etc.

I know that sounds like a lot of effort, but it really shouldn't be too bad. The KC documentation and examples explain the user storage stuff pretty well, and what you'd actually need to implement to deny local logins should be simple. I recently implemented a custom user storage provider for KC, and was amazed at how easy the process was. I've not tried modifying any of the KC themes or forms yet, but I will get into that soon.

Good luck with your project!

Chris