[keycloak-user] Keycloak 4

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 12:01:50 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont at gmail.com
> wrote:

> That's great, I was able to "share" a resource in my account console.
> As a keycloak admin, where to see all the sharings performed by users?

We don't have this in admin console. The user-managed policies are hidden
in the admin console, the reason being to avoid admins changing them
without user consent. This was a tuff decision and I'm open to discuss
different ideas if you think differently.

> Also, how to take into account this sharing in permission evaluation?
> Should I write specific policies to take into resource sharing?
> For instance, I have a javascript policy to authorize the resource owner
> to access his resource.
> Should I write a "is shared with you" policy?

If you do that, you are just defining a regular policy it will not be
enough to let the user manage permissions via My Resources. This is how you
could achieve the "sharing" functionality before the latest changes to UMA.

However, we have also introduced a Policy API to the Protection API. From
this API you are able to create additional "user-managed" permissions and
still have your users able to manage them via My Resources. Documentation
is also updated in upstream/master.

This API basically allows you to define additional permissions to a user's
resource such as using roles, groups, clients or even conditions using JS.