[keycloak-user] username to be used for importing users

Leonid Rozenblyum lrozenblyum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:40:13 EDT 2018

I was able to achieve the goal by setting up the broker in such a way:
1) Edit identity provider: NameID Policy Format, select 'unspecified'
2) Edit every client representing Service Provider application, select
'Name id format': username

I wonder whether this approach is fine, especailly if we use not keycloak
as a 3'd party provider. Is it something generic for SAML2.0 or very
specific for keycloak?

According to doc
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-tech-overview-2.0.html
The supported formats for nameid are