[keycloak-user] "Error! Realm with same name exists" when trying to change theme

Dominik Guhr pinguwien at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:59:39 EST 2018

Hi all,

So I tried to crete a new realm and use a theme used also in a different
realm, but all I get is the errormessage "Error! Realm with same name
exists" when trying to apply the theme (click on save).

Logs are stating this:

2018-03-06 10:50:32,065 INFO
[org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.batch.internal.AbstractBatchImpl] (default
task-25) HHH000010: On release of batch it still contained JDBC statements
2018-03-06 10:51:38,652 WARN
[org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper] (default task-50) SQL
Error: 1400, SQLState: 23000
2018-03-06 10:51:38,653 ERROR
[org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper] (default task-50)
ORA-01400: Insert NULL in ("MY_TEST"."REALM_SUPPORTED_LOCALES"."VALUE")
not possible*

Steps:
- I created one realm called "MYREALM" and applied the logintheme there
without a problem (used kc standard for admin and so on).

- Then I created the other one "MYREALM_DEV" and tried to apply the
custom theme.
- To check if its depending on the theme, I tried to apply the base
keycloak theme, same effect.

This workflow worked for another application perfectly with one theme
for different realms.
seems very weird, as if the realm is created on db-level with same name
as the old one instead of my given name.

So, Could anybody give me a hint why SQL fails here? Or point me to the
relating DB Tables please so I could investigate further myself? Thanks
in advance!

Best regards,
Dominik

*: freely translated from german database locale ;)