[keycloak-user] Viewing permissions

Corentin Dupont corentin.dupont at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:51:35 EST 2018

At the moment, no, the client does not know the resource name. To get the
cars it just calls GET www.myAPI.com/cars.
My client does not talk directly to Keycloak: there is an intermediary
between the two called the "API server".
So it's like that:

Client --> API server -> Keycloak (and other backend components).

The API server creates the authorization requests to Keycloak.
The client just knows the endpoint name and the data format behind it (the
format of a car, for instance).

So I'm wondering if I should create a specific endpoint for the access
checking in that API, with the corresponding data format.
This new data format would contain something similar to the resource/scopes
as you suggest.
The other solution is to enhance each endpoint with a "dry run" or "check
permission" option.