[keycloak-user] Missing Basic Authentication functionality for connecting to an OpenId Identity Provider

Merckx, Ulrich ulrich.merckx at vlaanderen.be
Mon Mar 12 03:28:32 EDT 2018

I have created an issue for this problem, with a patch which adds extra functionality for an OpenID Identity Provider. (Maybe it is even better to add this functionality in the OAuth2Provider, but in my case, it was only relevant for OpenID). The patch adds an option in the OpenID Identity Provider which allows specifying if you want to send your client_id and client_secret as POST parameters of as an Authorization Header.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-6761

Regards,
Ulrich Merckx