[keycloak-user] Does Keycloak Support EAR deployments

matt prpic mattprpic at live.ca
Sun Mar 25 20:22:19 EDT 2018

Hello,

I've been searching for this question online and on Keycloak's community pages, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have an EAR file with a JAR file within it. The JAR file is an application with various EJBs. The EAR file is deployed on a Wildfly 11 server and the Keycloak Adapter was installed using the CLI (adapter-elyton-install-offline.cli). I have tried calling one of my service's EJBs using a JNDI lookup through a test application, but there is no mention of any Keycloak authentication. I can only authenticate if I use one of the Wildfly users, which tells me that Keycloak is not participating in this authentication at all. Below is my configuration:

EJB

@SecurityDomain("keycloak")
@Stateless(name="TestBean")
@RemoteHome(TestBeanHome.class)
@TransactionAttribute(value=TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
public class TestBean implements ITestBean {

Standalone.xml

        <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:keycloak:1.1">
             <secure-deployment name="testapplication.ear">
            <realm>testrealm</realm>
            <auth-server-url>http://localhost:8180/auth</auth-server-url>
            <public-client>true</public-client>
            <ssl-required>EXTERNAL</ssl-required>
            <resource>testclient</resource>
            <credential name="secret">password</credential>
  </secure-deployment>

My question is: Does Keycloak support this project setup? The documentation only mentions WAR files, which is not an option for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt