[keycloak-user] UTF-8 character set support for user name and other fields / attributes

Upananda Singha upananda313 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 03:43:54 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am working with the Keycloak OIDC feature, and needed some clarification
regarding the character set it supports:

1. I have a requirement to use utf-8 characters (multi byte) in the
Username field
which seems to work fine while setting the user name and I can login to
Keycloak.

But it seems there are other related issues while generating / encoding the
tokens.
Sometimes (some characters) it works fine but for some multibye characters
it throws

{
    "error": "invalid_grant",
    "error_description": "Code not valid"
}

while trying to get the Tokens using the authorization code.

Can someone tell me if Keycloak actually supports utf-8 character set in
Username and other fields and also in Custom user attributes?

It would be of great help if anybody can share some information.

Thanks,

Upananda,
Motorola Solutions