[keycloak-user] Could not obtain configuration from server

Filip Kozjak filip.kozjak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:21:19 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I am having troubles obtaining access token for my Java EE REST service
from Keycloak.

I have started Keycloak server at *http://localhost <http://localhost>*,
and I can access the admin console at
*http://localhost:8081/auth/admin/master/console/#/realms/demo
<http://localhost:8081/auth/admin/master/console/#/realms/demo>.*

Next, I created a new realm "demo" and registered my REST service there.
I've copied the generated *keycloak.json *to the WEB-INF of my service and
added what was needed to web.xml. This successfully protected my endpoint.
My REST service is up and running on *http://localhost:8080/
<http://localhost:8080/>.*

However, now I want to set up a client that would be authorized to access
the protected endpoint. The client is running at *http://localhost:9080
<http://localhost:9080>. *Again, it's a Java EE REST service that talks to
the protected service. I registered it as *OAuth Client* in the admin
console and again copied the *keycloak.json* to the resources of my app. I
am trying to obtain the access token like this:

AuthzClient authz = AuthzClient.create();
AccessTokenResponse tokenResponse = authzClient.obtainAccessToken();

This results in the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not obtain configuration from server [
http://localhost:8081/auth/realms/demo/.well-known/uma-configuration].<br>
org.keycloak.authorization.client.AuthzClient.<init>(AuthzClient.java:92)<br>at
org.keycloak.authorization.client.AuthzClient.create(AuthzClient.java:60)<br>at
org.keycloak.authorization.client.AuthzClient.create(AuthzClient.java:53)<br>at
hr.assecosee.three_ds_2.risk.services.ProxyServiceImpl.invokeRiskLevelApi(ProxyServiceImpl.java:28)<br>at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br>at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)<br>at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)<br>at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)<br>at
com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSContainer.invokeProceed(EJSContainer.java:5316)<br>...
16 more<br>
org.keycloak.authorization.client.util.HttpResponseException: Unexpected
response from server: 404 / Not Found<br>

I posted a question about it on StackOverflow too:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49534589/404-not-found-while-requesting-token-from-keycloak

Is there something I am missing?