[keycloak-user] User Attribute Search

Stephen Montgomery stephen_montgomery at persistent.com
Wed May 2 06:39:31 EDT 2018

Hi,
I can see Keycloak has a GET /admin/realms/{realm}/users with a “search” query parameter that offers LIKE type query on username, first/last name, email attributes only - https://www.keycloak.org/docs-api/3.4/rest-api/index.html#_users_resource.

We’d like to be able to search for users that have particular application-defined attributes (that we define as Keycloak user attributes - https://www.keycloak.org/docs/3.3/server_admin/topics/users/attributes.html) eg we have attributes for notifications/timezones etc:

critical_notification_channel       EMAIL##SMS
language              UK English
major_notification_channel        EMAIL##SMS
minor_notification_channel        EMAIL##SMS
time_zone          GMT

Is this possible to eg, search for those users that have attributes major_notification_channel = ‘SMS’ and in GMT timezone?

If not, any plans to implement a change request to offer an enhanced query?

Thanks,
Stephen

DISCLAIMER