[keycloak-user] layers.conf missing breaks build

Ryan Slominski ryans at jlab.org
Wed May 9 15:14:10 EDT 2018

Hi Keycloak users,
  I attempted the maven build of keycloak using the README.md instructions (https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak) and noticed the build fails (1) because tests fail and (2) because it turns out a file named "layers.conf" must be created in the modules directory.  I got past the first issue by using the maven argument "-DskipTests" (looks like something to do with Docker).  Should the README.md be updated or maybe the build process should be updated to automatically create this layers.conf file.  Here is some more info:

https://developer.jboss.org/message/962140

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-5185

Ryan