[keycloak-user] keycloak password policy and ldap

Sebastian Perkins - Hoist Group - Switzerland sebastian.perkins at hoistgroup.com
Sat May 12 09:46:16 EDT 2018

Hello,

We have integrated keycloak 3.2 with our ldap backend via 4 federations (different filters to extract users).

Our next goal is to use keycloak as a central password reset : this also works fine.

The next step is to enforce policy in keycloak and not use the ldap one. For this, we have created a simple policy (6 chars mini).

2 of the federations are blocked by this (if we add a non compliant password) but not the 2 others : they seem to ignore the policy, what I don't really understand as the system should store all the policy info locally.

As the passwords get updated the federations are correctly set up (ldapsearch checked).

I even tried to force a password reset to a user as described in the docs after a policy change, but it still gets through.

Am I missing some configuration ?

Thanks for the help and guidance !

Sebastian