[keycloak-user] CatalinaSamlAuthenticator issue using keycloak saml eap6 adapter

Qiang He Qiang.He at lombardrisk.com
Mon May 14 13:13:23 EDT 2018

Hi,

I have a problem using the JBoss EAP 6 SAML Adapter.
I followed the configuration from the document. However the browser is redirected between the IDP and my SP infinitely. I researched by reading the source code and found that when CatalinaSamlAuthenticator creates handler, it always creates BrowserHandler. And in BrowserHandler, it always handle by using null samlRequest and null samlResponse.
This seems like a bug?

I also found the same question being asked one year ago in the mailing list, but without any reply: http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2017-April/010477.html. In this mail, it suggested to comment out some code and it will work. Can anyone more knowledgeable confirm this is a bug and it will be fixed in the future release of the SAML Adapter? I would rather wait for the release of the fix from Keycloak, rather than I have to clone the source code and fix/customize it by myself, without clearly knowing the impact of changing the code.

Thanks a lot in advance.
QH