[keycloak-user] NoClassDefFoundError: org/keycloak/KeycloakPrincipal

valsaraj pv valsarajpv at gmail.com
Tue May 15 08:45:05 EDT 2018

Hi Luis,

I am using wildfly adapter and no keycloak jar will be bundled in ear. Ear
contians web.war and ejb.jar. The classes in web and ejb modules referes
Keyclock API class. Issue is only for ejb.jar module For web module the
keyclock adapter provides required jar.

> <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:keycloak:1.1">

                <secure-deployment name="appWEB.war">

                    <realm>demo</realm>

                    <resource>app</resource>

                    <use-resource-role-mappings>true</use-resource-role-
> mappings>

                    <public-client>true</public-client>

                    <auth-server-url>http://localhost:8180/auth</auth-
> server-url>

                    <ssl-required>EXTERNAL</ssl-required>

                    <principal-attribute>preferred_username</principal-
> attribute>

                </secure-deployment>

            </subsystem>

I wonder whether I should modify this conf in WildFly so that the keyclock
adapter modules will be available for both web & ejb modules in ear. In
samples I see only war config for war file. How to configure ear files?

Thanks!

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Luis Rodríguez Fernández <uo67113 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Valsaraj,
>
> Below works for me on apache-tomcat 9.0.5 with the servlet filter adapter:
>
> keycloak-tomcat-adapter-spi-3.4.3.Fiinal.jar
> keycloak-servlet-adapter-spi-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-saml-tomcat8-adapter-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-saml-tomcat-adapter-core-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-saml-core-public-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-saml-core-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-saml-adapter-core-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-saml-adapter-api-public-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-common-3.4.3.Final.jar
> keycloak-adapter-spi-3.4.3.Final.jar
>
> Yes, most probably you will need core.jar for your adapter too
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Luis

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am getting following exception while deploying ear in WildFly 10.
> Apapter
> > is installed so no jars included in ear & no dependencies set.
> >
> > > Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > org/keycloak/KeycloakPrincipal
> > >
> > >     Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > >
> > >         "WFLYCTL0412: Required services that are not installed:" => [
> > >
> > >             "jboss.undertow.deployment.default-server.default-host./
> > App",

> > deployment.app.ear.appWEB.war:main\".NO_VIEW"
> > >
> > >         ]
> > >

> > Please let me know if U need to include core jar or set the subsystem
> > dependencies. I saw in one comment that there is no need to set them
> > explicitly.
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Valsaraj Viswanathan

> "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
>
> - Samuel Beckett

Life is like this: "Just when we get all the answers of life.... God
changes the question paper....

Valsaraj Viswanathan