[keycloak-user] KeyCloak and Azure Active Directory / response_type

Robin Diederen diederen at nlcom.nl
Thu May 24 17:04:03 EDT 2018

Hello Stefan,

A few weeks after I asked this question we got this working. A Microsoft support engineer solved the issue – turns out that by using different endpoints for AAD, the issue was resolved. We’re using https://login.microsoftonline.com/<id goes here>/oauth2/authorize and https://login.microsoftonline.com/<id goes here>/oauth2/token as auth and token URLs.

Furthermore, we have:

- logout url = blank

- backchannel logout = off

- disable user info = off

- user info url = blank

- issuer = blank

- default scopes = blank

- validate signatures = off

Cliend ID and secret should be filled with the corresponding data from the MS portal.

Hope this helps! If not, feel free to drop me a line ☺.

Best, Robin

Van: Stefan Engstrom <sengstrom at ena.com>

Datum: donderdag 24 mei 2018 om 20:58

Aan: "diederen at nlcom.nl" <diederen at nlcom.nl>, "keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org" <keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org>

Onderwerp: Re: KeyCloak and Azure Active Directory / response_type

I'm running in to this exact issue - curious if there are any insights? The redirect from microsoftonline.com contains a "code" element but keycloak chokes on trading this for an access_token. I have a parallel IDP to google which returns an element of that name (code) and that piece works just fine.