[keycloak-user] Keycloak + NoSQL

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue May 29 03:50:27 EDT 2018

I would not recommend trying to completely replace the DB layer with NoSQL.
That would mean you'd need to store realms, clients, roles, etc.. This also
regularly change from release to release so you would have to update your
implementation regularly.

For users only the user storage SPI is a supported API and we will maintain
backwards compatibility there. Although, personally I would rather just use
the same relational db for both rather than having to maintain both a
relational db and a NoSQL db.