[keycloak-user] WFLYRS0015: No Servlet declaration found for JAX-RS application

Ulrik Lejon ulrik.lejon at mollyware.se
Mon Nov 5 09:08:59 EST 2018

Hi,

I'm currently investigating upgrading from version 3.3.0 to 3.4.2 (as a
part of in the end upgrading to the latest 4.5 version).
When I boot up version 3.4.2 on out test server I see the following warning
in the log:

WARN  [org.jboss.as.jaxrs] (MSC service thread 1-7) WFLYRS0015: No Servlet
declaration found for JAX-RS application.  In custom-rest-endpoing-1.7.war
either provide a class that extends javax.ws.rs.core.Application or declare
a servlet class in web.xml.

The custom-rest-endpoing.war is a realm-restapi-extension that we deploy to
our Keycloak instance. Indeed we haven't subclassed
javax.ws.rs.core.Application
nor have we any web.xml. However, looking at the rest provider example (
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/providers/rest) I
can't find anything about that there either. Is this warning anything I
need to pay attention to?

Cheers,
Ulrik