[keycloak-user] Keycloak got into Excited state because of Garbage Collector Issue

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 03:58:41 EST 2018

Keycloak uses Infinispan (an in-memory caching solution), which consumes
most of the heap for the JVM.

The "GC overhead limit exceeded" tells you that the JVM was fighting for
its live trying to release as much memory from the heap as it could and
didn't succeed in a certain amount of time.

The easiest solution is to increase your heap. Or a more complicated one -
tune the eviction parameter on your caches.