[keycloak-user] Login via SAML RESPONSE from an IdP

Luis Rodríguez Fernández uo67113 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 05:10:09 EST 2018

Hello Karsten,

Yes it is possible, please have a look here [1]. Of course you will need to
confire your SP with your specific SAML adapter [2]

Hope it helps,

Luis

ps: just for the records: I always use SP initiated login, it looks more
"natural" to me :)

[1]
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_admin/index.html#idp-initiated-login
[2]
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/securing_apps/index.html#_saml-general-config

El jue., 8 nov. 2018 a las 10:51, Karsten Honsack (<
karsten.honsack at zurich.com>) escribió:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to figure out if Keycloak is capable to fulfil the following
> requirement. I read through the documentation but was not able to figure it
> out.
>
> Scenario:
> A user is on a website where he has the possibility to jump to web
> applications of different partners via SSO. The website provider only
> supports IdP Initiated SSO and the button links provided are SAML Assertion
> Consumer URLs. The flow describes what should be happening for my
> understanding:
>
> Flow:
> 1. User login on website.
> 2. User clicks on button.
> 3. Website creates an encrypted SAML RESPONSE using its STS, redirects
> user to Keycloak's SAML Assertion Consumer URL and POSTs the SAML RESPONSE
> there.
> 4. Keycloak decrypts/validates SAML RESPONSE and authenticates the user.
> 5. Keycloak redirects user to the application.
> 6. User uses application.
>
> Is this possible? How has it to be configured? Do you need any more
> information to help me? Thank you in advance!
>
> Best regards
>
> Karsten Honsack

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

- Samuel Beckett