[keycloak-user] Running Keycloak examples

Pritha Srivastava prsrivas at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 01:55:56 EST 2018

Hi All,

I am trying to setup a Keycloak server and run the examples, for which I did the following:

1. Downloaded 4.5.0.Final Standalone Server distribution, and started the server using ./standalone.sh, which worked fine.
2. Downlaoded keycloak-examples-4.5.0.Final, and for the preconfigured-demo, I did a mvn clean install and mvn wildfly:deploy and the second step gave me this error - UT010039: Unknown authentication mechanism KEYCLOAK
3. To solve the error in 2.0, I downloaded the wildfly adapter keycloak-wildfly-adapter-dist-4.5.0.Final.zip, and ran this command - ./bin/jboss-cli.sh --file=adapter-install.cli --connect --controller=127.0.0.1:9990 which gave the following response:
{"outcome" => "success"}
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "response-headers" => {
        "operation-requires-reload" => true,
        "process-state" => "reload-required"
    }
}
{
    "outcome" => "failed",
    "failure-description" => "WFLYCTL0310: Extension module org.keycloak.keycloak-adapter-subsystem not found",
    "rolled-back" => true,
    "response-headers" => {"process-state" => "reload-required"}
}

I am not sure how to solve the above problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.: I am completely new to Jboss, Wildfly etc.

Thanks,
Pritha