[keycloak-user] How can I use Keycloak to support my architecture?

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Mon Nov 12 01:15:23 EST 2018

Hi Ola,

Just my 2¢: are your App1/App2 classic web applications, or are they SPAs using REST APIs and token bearer authorization?

AFAIK the second scenario doesn't mandate that you register you apps as clients. You can simply reuse tokens issued for another application, in your case App3.

But if those are classical webapps and you want to Keycloak-enable them, then you will need to register them, because Keycloak's interactive authentication is client-based.

Either way, I'd recommend you to register your apps with Keycloak, because it will give you other benefits beyond SSO, like using custom flows per client, manipulating token claims, using authorization services etc.

Cheers,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro