[keycloak-user] UMA 2.0 manage shared access with Rest-API

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 10:12:36 EST 2018

Hi, building your own service should be fine if you use parts of the API
that we provide.

1) User can manage his/her resources
    Take a look at the Protection API, the Resource Management Endpoint in
particular [1].
2) Notifications and management of authorization requests
    We have an undocumented endpoint that exposes the permission tickets,
which represent authorization requests pending for approval or already
approved by the resource owner. For now, you could take a look at the
app-auths-uma-photoz to check there how we are using this endpoint to fetch
"shared resources" [2].
3) Define rules for permissions that are set automatically when a new
resource is created
    You have some options here. If you have typed resource (owned by the
resource server itself) and a set of permissions associated with this
resource when you create a new user resource (user is the owner, thus it is
considered a resource instance) any permission defined for the typed
resource will be applied to the user resource.
    You can also manage permissions/policies through the Admin REST API,
just like we do in Keycloak admin console.
    For User-Managed resources, you can also use the User-Managed Policy
API [3].

[1]
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/authorization_services/index.html#_service_protection_resources_api
[2]