[keycloak-user] keucloak Hash Algorithm

Dimitris Charlaftis dharlaftis at ekt.gr
Thu Nov 22 04:33:56 EST 2018

Hello,
I use keykloak 4.5 and i have set up a user federation to an ldap directory
that uses SHA-1 password encoding.

In order to login to a realm that is connected to that ldap, I use the ldap
username and the SHA-1 encoded password in the login form for the time
being.

This is not good for common users!

  All i want is this:

The user puts his username / password in plain text and keycloak transforms
that password in plain text in the login form to the SHA-1 equivalent (that's how our ldap directory works..) , so
that the ldap authorization succeeds.

In your password policy docs you state "See the Server Developer
Guide<https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/content/>  on how
to plug in your own algorithm". Server dev guide does not have that
information, where is it?

Thanks in advance,
Dimitris

--