[keycloak-user] Theoretical max number of clients Kecyloak can handle

Daniel Fernandez Rodriguez danielfr at cern.ch
Thu Nov 22 10:52:39 EST 2018

Hi All,

What's the theoretical max number of clients Keycloak can handle
efficiently?

I'm doing some tests where I created around 10000 clients (saml &
openid, all under the same realm) and now every operation that has to do
with clients (list them, create new one, get one by ID, etc) became
extremely slow and sometimes they even timeout. The other API endpoints
seem to perform just fine.

I'm using 4.6.0.Final and MySQL DB as a data store.

Are there some options I can tweak to improve the performance with a few
thousands clients (ideally around 50K)? Will postgres perform better?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel.